Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Assessing my assets

Last Friday, a man from an international moving company came to my apartment to look over my worldly possessions to determine what size pod is needed to ship our belongings across land and ocean from Texas to Sweden.


Since I live in an efficiency, there isn’t much there, and Russ had his own clean sweep before moving, so he also has little to ship. However, the biggest pain will be when I divide what’s going to Sweden and what’s not between my future in-laws’ place (where the moving company will pick everything up) and my parents’ house.

I think it’s time to start getting rid of things now. Anyone in need of a food processor, some lamps and various other things that won’t work without a converter in Sweden?

Plus, I need to make room for all those wonderful new marriage things from my bridal shower on Saturday. That chip-and-dip platter is well worth the extra weight.

1 comment: