Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sweden in photos: Week 1

I've offically been a Swedish resident for one week and married for two weeks. As I continue to reflect on these major but wonderful life changes, below is a small glimpse of the sights I've seen in this beautiful country thus far.


Standing next to some of the many flowers blooming during Sweden's pleasant summer


Cut flowers delivered by my wonderful new husband ( or man in Swedish -- easy to remember, no?)


The entrance to the university I'll work on a master's degree in global journalism starting in late August


Fountain at the university


A beautiful river runs through our new city


One of the squares in our new town's center


The city has a castle in it where the mayor lives.


Last weekend we visited the home where Alfred Nobel lived the last three years of his life. Next to this home was a weapons museum. We learned about the Nobel Peace Prize and weapons, all for the same ticket price.

No comments:

Post a Comment